The transformation journey aimed to increase the value of a specific department that is too often perceived as a cost center and to position it as a business enabler and trusted advisor. The challenge for 2021 was to deploy the new ways of working and deploy the new operating model at the same time.
Are you facing similar challenges?
- Establishing an agile playbook to gather new ways of working for teams and product domains
- Leading and facilitating the Agile Center of Excellence with the appropriate metrics set, production of assets and steering governance
- Coaching of 52 product teams that deliver end-to-end business capabilities with maximum autonomy
- Preparing and delivering a learning journey to acculturate all employees and train key roles of product teams, while onboarding and coaching internal trainers
- Creation and deployment of a change and communication plan, including creation of an agile playlist and regular remote events
- A first wave with 10 product teams launched with 3 key product domains over 3 first months (E-commerce, Client Marketing, Omnicanal platform)
- A first PI planning experimented over one tribe (80 people)
- A second pilot wave with 15 product teams followed with integration of region
- The agile playbook delivered in 3 months with the contribution of directors
- After 9 months of “test and learn” approach with frontrunners, new domains such as Infra & Ops, but also Operations & Logistics have been integrated
- Practical guidelines created to enable SAP teams with agile practices in collaboration with traditional teams
- A new approach imagined for the “Continuous Improvement” stage for frontrunners and the deployment of the product organization over the whole organisation through a dedicated program