Terug naar wat onze klanten vertellen
Deliver IATM coaching approach in order to adopt and improve agile practices
Wemanity coached two development teams in Germany and Sweden, based on the IATM framework. The overall objective of the mission was to adopt and improve their agile practices.
Adopt and improve agile practices
- Kick-off the coaching of three seperate teams, two based in Stockholm and one in Hamburg, following a successful masterclass given by Arie Van Bennekum to 60 IT & Business people.
- Take the COVID-19 crisis into account and adapt to the situation, starting with one team and one sprint. Add new teams sprint by sprint. The videoconferencing platform developed by Wemanity has been used to support all the work from coaching to ongoing assessment.
- Encounter stimulating cultural and organisational issues during coaching, such as small silos in development teams, small waterfalling in delivery lifecycle, and a command and control management style.
- Lack of synchronisation with the vendors team and low synergy.
Staat u voor soortgelijke uitdagingen?
Assessing and providing agile coaching
The Wemanity coach was responsible for assessing the current state of the Agile maturity in teams (mindset, practices adoption, current rituals, etc.) while observing the teams problems and ambition. The goal was to bring the teams to the next level thanks to team coaching. The objective is to adopt and improve agile practices, and particularly the Agile mindset.
- Initially, assessing and providing coaching for continuous improvement of existing agile practices
- During the journey, shifting the strategy to to a more mentoring coaching approach, as a big gap in agile specific knowledge among team members was observed
- Involving two more Wemanity professionals to overcome knowledge gaps in such a short period of time and to deliver specific trainings and workshops
- Executing one-on-one sessions to support team members and teach them new skills so that they can be autonomous in participation and facilitation of meetings
Improvements in agile mindset and rituals
- Collaboration coaching helped resolve individualist mindset
- “Snowmen” teams were defined for the first time - Snowman helps to define the governance and the rituals of a team, department or organisation
- Roles and responsibilities were refined, specifically for Scrum Masters and Product Owners
- Delivery sprints were shortened from 4 to 2 weeks
- New Agile rituals like heartbeats were implemented, and existing rituals improved
- A poker estimation was implemented in planning sessions
- Third parties (vendors) are now treated as part of the team