Scrum framework and Agile Coaching to support UCB’s mobile app project
The goal of UCB in this project is to bring the trials to patients by using a mobile app. Wemanity was asked to build a predictable value delivery engine, increase focus and remove communication gaps in teams. We used the Scrum framework and Agile Coaching techniques to answer to the customer needs and helped remove impediments.
Build a predictable value delivery engine
The main challenge we had to tackle at the beginning was the lack of focus of the team and the communication gaps between the PO, stakeholders and the development team.
For that, we worked on 3 axis:
- Value delivery
In the context of this project Wemanity’s role was to restore the Agile way of working by adding discipline and starting to deliver value in a predictable way.
- Workshops facilitation on Agile and Scrum
- Coaching of Product Owners on the product backlog management (writing, slicing and ordering of user stories)
- Working agreements definition
- Team rituals facilitation
- Team coaching
- Helping to showcase the work done by the team for transparency
- Delivering on time new features to increase trust
- Removing the team’s impediments and shield it from external distraction to keep focus on value delivery
myUCB is now considered as a maturity model within patient solution projects
- Removed communication gaps within the teams
- Gained trust from stakeholders
- Built a predictable team that allows Product Owner to build a delivery plan
- Delivered on time 3 versions of the myUCB app for 3 different patient studies in 2019